Final version of my Bedside Clock app shipped for Windows Phone 802 Mar 2013
It’s been a great learning exercise, but I think I’m finally done with my Bedside Clock app for Windows Phone.
This was originally a project just for me to learn about developing for Windows Phone, and to replace the better built-in clock I was missing from my Android phone. You can probably tell this with some of the slightly gratuitous features I added (phase of the moon calculations anyone?)
However I’m almost certainly moving off Windows Phone very soon - and to be fair there isn’t much of interest left to do in the app - so other than fixing any serious bugs that are found I think I’ve finished working on the app.
The new version (220.127.116.11) is just for Windows Phone 8, although there are no new features compared to the earlier versions. I’ve just refactored the code a little to work with the new SDK, and added support for the new icon sizess and different screen resolutions supported by WP8.
As ever, it took a couple of attempts to ship the app. The Store test team seem pretty thorough in their testing, and they found a minor logic bug in the back button logic which had changed in WP8. This was easy to fix, but it is very irritating that you have to re-enter all of the store details and screenshots everytime, even when it’s just a minor changed to the XAP executable file.
If you haven’t already got my app and want to give it a try, click on the Windows Phone icon below to install it from the Windows Store, and let me know what you think!